English E-Posta Öğrenci Bilgi Sistemi EBYS
>>Visa & Residency Permit

Visa& Residence Permit

Who must have a student visa?

All international degree/exchange/Erasmus/visiting students must have obtained a Student Visa before entering Turkey for studying at Erzurum Technica lUniversity. A student visa is required to register as a student in Turkey,please do not come to Turkey without your student visa!

Exceptions are those who have Turkish citizenship or are legal dependents of someone in Turkey on a diplomatic mission or with a valid permit.

How do I get a student visa?

Student visas must be obtained from a Turkish Consulate, generally the one nearest your place of residence. Please, keep in mind that student visas cannot be obtained within Turkey. You must take, or mail, a copy of your "Letter of Acceptance" from Erzurum Technical University and a completed visa application form to the Turkish Consulate. The Consulate will provide you an application form upon request. Generally, you must also pay application fee. Please try to apply to the Turkish Consulate as soon as you get a copy of your acceptance letter. The process of issuing a student visa to Turkey generally varies depending on your country of residence and in some countries it may take upto 6 weeks. Please check the relevant web site for visa status: http://www.mfa.gov.tr/default.tr.mfa

Residence Permit for Students

(For exchange/Erasmus/visiting students through Erzurum Technical University International Cooperations Office only)

Within one month after you enter Turkey you must apply for your Residence Permit at the Security Office, Bureau for Foreigners. (on Tebrizkapı zone of city centre - at the beginning Taşmağazalar Street) The following is a list of the documents you must submit. Generally, you can pick up your residence permit along with your passport after a week as your passport is kept along with your application documents. You must pick up your own permit.Please fill out the "Declaration for Residence Permit Form" that you may obtain from Erzurum Security Office (in city centre - on Cumhuriyet Street next to Havuzbaşı Point)

Requirements for Student Residence Permit Application

- Student certificate: ICO will obtain the student certificate from theRegistrar’s Office

- One “Declaration for Residence Permit” form (can be copied from ICO)

- Declaration signed by the student himself/herself (can be obtained from Security Office)

- 4 photographs taken within the last 6 months (please write your name at the back for each and paste/glue one of them on the last blank of the RP form indicating photo)

- Letter from the director of your dormitory, if living in the dormitory (This letter can be obtained after registering your permanent dormitory). Off campus students indicate their home address on the application form. If exists, the copy of the house rental contract.

- Official documents related to the personal income necessary for accommodation in Erzurum

- Some amount of fee for the booklet 

- Your passport and copy of your passport with visa and ID page (if the entrance stamp was not on the visa page, please also get a copy of the page on which the entrance stamp)

- One stationery dossier

The documents should be collected and submitted to the Erzurum Security Office during the personal residence permit application. The students must make the residence permit application by herself/himself.

For any case, Erzurum Technical University International Cooperations Office is to provide help.

Erasmus Policy Statement of ETU Devam